Regardless of what the ethos of modern man looks like today, whether we present a traditional model in which a husband maintains a house and a woman takes care of children, whether we are in favour of partnerships that divide duties between two people or prefer to live in a one-person individuality - we must admit that the modern world is not conducive to maintaining health and vitality. So what kind of men's supplements are worth betting on?
Ingredients deficiency in the male diet
Soil and air pollution significantly reduces the quality of food consumed. Oxidative stress, excessive physical and mental effort, alcohol consumption, smoking and other stimulants are just some of the factors that damage our health.
We have been told many times, on television, on the radio and in the press: you need to supplement your diet with vitamins and minerals that you do not supply to your body in your daily diet, because any deficiency contributes to the development of diseases. Dietary supplementation has become a very common topic: tablets and capsules are already in almost every store. Do their wide availability suggest safety for health? What should you pay attention to when choosing such products? Will dietary supplementation allow you to enjoy better health?
Supplements are not a medicine, but a foodstuff that must meet the criteria for characterising food in terms of nutritional value and safety for our body. In order to buy a particular product, it is important to pay attention to the information on the packaging. Starting from the material of which the storage container of the article is made. The healthiest packaging for products is glass, which does not affect the chemical composition of the supplements. Let us read the composition carefully, paying particular attention to allergens and preservatives. In case of any doubts, it is best to consult your choice with your doctor or nutritionist.
Which men's supplements are worth choosing?
It is especially important for men to take care of the richness of dietary ingredients such as:
- Magnesium - supports the work of the heart and muscles, soothes nerves,
- calcium - regulates the nervous system, controls blood clotting, strengthens bones,
- selenium - is responsible for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland and supports immunity,
- zinc - strengthens hair and nails, improves intellectual performance,
- Vitamin D - affects testosterone levels, has a positive effect on the skeletal system,
- unsaturated fatty acids - strengthen the circulatory system and the work of the heart and brain,
- Iron - helps to avoid overweight, diabetes and colorectal cancer,
- B vitamins - alleviate nervous tension, improve mood and mental fitness ,
- Vitamin C - prevents cell ageing processes, improves cardiovascular function and has an anti-cancer effect.
Remember that men's dietary supplements can only be a supplement to nutrition. Our daily diet should include natural, chemically unprocessed products consisting of vegetables, protein, carbohydrates, fats and fruits. It is also necessary to properly hydrate the body - drink about 3 litres of water a day, take care of physical activity and enjoy life!.